Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Monday, February 11, 2013

Family Room Gallery Wall

 
I finally finished the gallery wall that has been sitting on my living room floor for the past month waiting to be hung! I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I think it's the perfect space for that wall in our family room and will look even better once I hang some curtains on the flanking windows. Since we don't have kids, the theme is our wedding/honeymoon. It feels a bit narcissistic, but it will have to be that way until we have kids!

 
I did the old "draw the outline on paper and hang the paper on the wall" for getting the layout on the wall just right.  I took pictures of the whole process, but unfortunately they didn't turn out that well so I'm not showing them.  Here's a step-by-step for a similar method from AKA Design.  It took me about an hour to get everything hung just right.  


Besides the canvas prints, the other things on our collage are:

1. Framed pressed flowers from my bridal bouquet... just taped them to some fun craft paper and framed... easy peasy.
2. "M" that I received for my wedding shower... it took me 2.5 years to find the perfect spot for it!
3. "Montague's est. 2010" sign... also a wedding gift that hasn't had a good home until now.  (I painted the outside part black so it matched better... it used to be dark red).
4. The frame in the bottom right displays 4 pictures from our amazing Hawaiian honeymoon.
5. 4" L O V E letters from Hobby Lobby (on sale for $2.39 each)

I already had everything for the wall except the frame for the flowers, which I got from ikea for $3, and the L O V E letters which were cheap, so the total cost for this project was only $13. (Big thanks to my sis-in-law for having those wedding photos professionally printed for me!)    


Our new couches are coming tomorrow... I'm so excited!!!

5 comments:

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.