Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas!!!

I seriously can’t believe that Christmas is in two days (really one day for me because we’re having Christmas Eve at our house tomorrow). Please tell me I’m not the only one that is completely slacking on holiday prep this year! We just decorated our tree and house this past weekend and I only put out about half the decorations I usually do. I still haven’t finished food shopping for Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow, and I haven’t even started cleaning the house. Oh and I’m going to happy hour tonight with my old co-workers instead of going straight home to clean after work. I am crazy!! But the craziest thing is that I’m not even as stressed as I usually am about the holidays. I have been making a concerted effort lately to worry less about the unimportant things and just try to enjoy life. It’s a work in progress, but I definitely think I’ve made some positive changes toward that goal in the past few months.


I think part of the reason I am not as worried about the holidays this year is because I am so excited for 2015 to begin. 2014 sucked for me and Greg, and I just have to believe that better things are on the way for us in 2015. If it were up to me I would skip Christmas this year and head straight to New Years Eve (sorry MIL, I can just hear you gasping at that comment… the queen of everything Christmas ;)). In the spirit of trying to be more positive, I’m going to skip all of the bad things that 2014 brought and instead reflect on the good things that happened this past year:

1. I quit my stressful job in the city and got a new, less stressful job that pays more and is closer to home.
2. Greg got a promotion at work and continues to be super-successful at his company, especially for how young he is.
3. I got my real estate license.
4. I finally pursued a passion of mine and opened an etsy shop and participated in a craft fair.
5. Greg and I were both honored to be asked by my two little cousins to be their confirmation sponsors. What a humbling feeling to have an almost-teenager respect you enough to want you next to them at such a special event and guiding them through their spiritual lives.
6. We took awesome trips to Jamaica, California to visit friends, and Virginia this year.

Visiting some good friends in Cali!
7. The old adage “Absence makes the heart grow fonder”… for us this year is was “Adversity makes the heart grow stronger”. We already had what I consider a great marriage, but the past year has brought us even closer and forged our bond even stronger. I am so thankful every day to have such a loving and supportive life partner.

What’s the best thing that happened to you in 2014? Are you looking forward to 2015 as much as me??

Best wishes to everyone for a blessed and merry Christmas and happy and heathy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.